Tomorrow, April 1st, Michael Crow, President of Arizona State University and Co-Chair of the ACUPCC Steering Committee, will moderate a forum (with free webcast), addressing the question: Is Energy Independence Possible in Our Lifetime?
The panelists include:
- Arum Majumdar, Director, Advanced Research Projects, US Department of Energy
- James E. Rogers, Chairman, President, and CEO, Duke Energy
- Sunil Paul, Founder, Gigaton Throwdown Project
- John A. “Skip” Laitner, Director of Economic and Social Analysis, American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy
- Lisa Marginello, Director, Energy Policy Initiative, New America Foundation
- Gary Dirks, Director, Arizona State LightWorks, Former President BP Asia-Pacific and BP China
“The promise of abundant, clean, renewable energy is now facing the reality of markets, technology limitations, and a disjointed policy environment. Can we scale existing or near term technologies to meet even a small fraction of our domestic electrical and liquid fuel needs? What are the revolutionary ideas on the horizon that have a chance of turning the hype into reality? Come hear a group of industry, research, and policy experts discuss the important topic.”
The live webcast can be viewed for free at: http://www.newenergynow.com/forum/
The event is sponsored by Arizona State University and the New America Foundation.
Update: An archived video of the forum is available at C-SPAN’s video library.